- 5 cups uncooked penne pasta (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese (2 oz)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup Progresso® panko bread crumbs
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: easy
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. With wire whisk, stir in flour and salt until smooth. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheeses. Cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Stir pasta and parsley into cheese sauce. Pour mixture into baking dish.
In 6-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; stir in bread crumbs. Cook and stir until crumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.