- 2 lb beef stew meat
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 9 hr 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: easy
In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef, tomatoes, frozen onions and chili powder.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 11 hours.
With whisk, stir in taco seasoning mix. Stir in black beans and corn. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 15 to 30 minutes longer or until thickened.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
1 Serving Calories440 ( Calories from Fat160 ), Total Fat18 g (Saturated Fat7 g, ), Cholesterol95 mg Sodium850 mg Total Carbohydrate38 g (Dietary Fiber8 g ), Protein40 g ; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A24%; Vitamin C20%; Calcium10%; Iron34%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.