- 2 2/3 cups uncooked penne pasta (8 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (1 1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: easy
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and the garlic over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Add broccoli, roasted peppers and basil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pasta, cooking sauce and red wine vinegar. Cook and toss about 1 minute or until completely heated through.
1 Serving Calories550 ( Calories from Fat160), % Daily Value Total Fat18g18% (Saturated Fat3 1/2g,3 1/2% Trans Fat0g0% ), Cholesterol75mg75%; Sodium1360mg1360%; Total Carbohydrate58g58% (Dietary Fiber5g5% Sugars3g3% ), Protein39g39% ; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A25%; Vitamin C50%; Calcium6%; Iron20%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.