- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- Prep time: 15 min
- Servings: 18
- Difficulty: easy
In food processor, place cheeses, lime juice and onion powder. Cover; process until well mixed. Spoon into medium bowl. Stir in olives and cilantro.
Place crushed tortilla chips on waxed paper. Spoon cheese mixture onto chips. Roll to coat cheese ball with chips. Serve with crackers.
Make the cheese ball ahead of time and refrigerate. For easy spreading, let it stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before serving.
Use chopped olives instead of sliced if you prefer.
1 Serving Calories190 ( Calories from Fat120), % Daily Value Total Fat13g13% (Saturated Fat6g,6% Trans Fat1 1/2g1 1/2% ), Cholesterol25mg25%; Sodium310mg310%; Total Carbohydrate12g12% (Dietary Fiber0g0% Sugars1g1% ), Protein6g6% ; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A6%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium10%; Iron4%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.