- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 pound lump crab or crab claw meat, picked over
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Servings: 8 crab cakes
- Difficulty: easy
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and bell pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
Mix 1/2 cup panko, the egg and milk in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay and hot sauce; fold in the crabmeat, panko mixture, scallionbell pepper mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Shape into 8 patties and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Coat the crab cakes with the remaining 1/2 cup panko. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Mist the crab cakes with cooking spray and cook, sprayed-side down, 3 to 4 minutes. Spray the tops, flip and cook 3 to 4 more minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving (2 crab cakes): Calories 220; Fat 9 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 155 mg; Sodium 630 mg; Carbohydrate 8 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 26 g