- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- One 9-inch pie shell, par-baked and pricked with a fork
- 1 pound fresh white crabmeat, drained
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground mace
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Difficulty: easy
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the crab meat and sprinkle with the scallions. Whisk together the heavy cream, lemon zest, mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, mace and eggs in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
Bake until the custard sets, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.