- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus leaves for topping
- 1 large white onion, cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and grated
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper (seeded for less heat)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 12 corn tortillas
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: easy
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Mix the yogurt, garlic and cilantro in a small bowl; set aside.
Toss the onion rings with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle the steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lightly brush the grill with olive oil and grill the onion and steak, turning once, until the onion is charred and the steak is cooked to medium rare, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
Make the slaw: Put the carrots and bell pepper in a medium bowl and toss with the jalapeno, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel, then in plastic wrap; microwave until warm, 1 minute. Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Divide the steak and onion among the tortillas; top with the slaw, yogurt sauce and more cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 452; Fat 11 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 46 mg; Sodium 568 mg; Carbohydrate 56 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 30 g