- 2 1/2 cups uncooked ziti pasta (8 oz)
- 1/2 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can (15 oz) Muir Glen® organic tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: easy
Heat oven to 375°F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on box.
Meanwhile, spray 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked.
Stir zucchini into beef mixture; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Add drained pasta; toss to coat. Spread in baking dish.
Cover dish tightly with foil; bake 20 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.